Pages

... just a few of the many things I MUST get done!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

KRTA Auction coming soon!

Each year during the month of November, the Killeen Retired Teacher's Association hold a silent auction during our luncheon meeting. 100% of the funds raised from this auction are used to purchase books to give to childrend in KISD. Last year, we purchased and distributed over 2000 to children in Killeen - any my friends and I contributed to the funds needed to purchase these books, by donating cards to be auctioned off to raise money for the Book Fund. I normally package the cards by theme in groups of 5 cards + envelopes. I place a minimum of $3 on these card packs, but generally they are hotly contested items and raise well more than the minimum requested bid!
If you would like to help me with this project, please bring your donations to poki no later than October 31 (October TECH Squad day would be perfect - October 13) I will then arrange the cards by theme and package them for the auction!
Not only will you make a group of chldren happy - they'll get a book of their own to keep! - but these cards also make a group of RETIRED TEACHERS very happy as well. They love our handmade cards! I've had members tell me as early as January, following the auction in November that they NEED more cards! Please help if you can!
If you can't make it to TECH Squad on October 13, but would like to donate cards & envelopes, please let poki know by phone or e-mail (poki04@aol.com) She will be happy to pick up your donations!
Thanks for your consideration and generous donations in the past and future! poki

No comments: