I'm going to the Rockin' R in Temple for a weekend scrapbook retreat with my friends from the Heart of Texas Scrapbook Club, our 41st event. The Rockin' R is a new event venue for the club, but Margaret L., Cheryl S. and I were guests of the owner Rena Cotti in April and had a fabulous time.
Full cropper price $199 (plus $6 if you pay through paypal at the website)
This includes crop space, all meals (they're yummy, Rena is a good cook), and sleeping accomodations
(twin bed in multi-person room), chance to win door prizes, etc.
Day cropper price $139 (plus $6 if you pay through paypal at the website)
This includes crop space, all meals, but no sleeping accommodations
Be sure to go check out the information about this event at the club's website
For more information about the wonderful TOOL CENTER at the Rockin' R check out her website
... just a few of the many things I MUST get done!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
I will begin my 2010 Christmas Card Club on Wednesday, July 28. When you sign up for the Card Club this year, there are OPTIONS you can take for each club meeting! (these will determine the cost of your class!)
1. Class - $10, your kit will be cut to size, you come to poki's on the designated Club night and stamp and construct your cards!
2. Kit - $12. Your kit will be cut to size, pre-stamped (not colored) and you can put it together at your convenience!
3. DOUBLE THE FUN! $18 - You will receive a CLASS packet (like #1) to put together at poki's and also a KIT (like #2)
If you take OPTION 1 or 2 for all 5 classes, you will have 25 handmade cards by November 17
If you take OPTION 3 for all 5 classes, you will have 50 handmade cards by November 17. WOW! (That could be one to send, and one to keep - I know some of you like to KEEP the cards you make!)
Dates for all sessions include:
Nov 17 (this is 3rd Wednesday to avoid conflict with Thanksgiving!
All Christmas Card Club meetings will be at 6:00 p.m. only!
I have the projects "designed" (in my head only!), and I'm hoping there will be actual cards to show you at TECH Squad on Wed., July 7.
In an effort to encourage you to get to know your new Inspiration Book and Catalogue, I made up a QUIZ (I just can't suppress the TEACHER in me!) You will need to have the new catalogue to answer these questions. Hope you will be joining me on July 7 for the unveiling of this beautiful new resource.
You may answer the questions in writing in one of two ways:
(1) Copy from the blog and paste into a document, answer the questions, and return them to poki by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (2) write your answers on the sheet that poki will hand out at TECH on July 7, and return them to poki by August 11 (that's TECH day) If you PASS the test, you WIN a prize! (I believe passing the test is still 70% - I know it's been a while since I taught school, but I think that's the magic number!)
Here are the 10 quiz questions:
1. What stamp set quotes a famous children’s author?
Set name _________________ page ___________
2. Happily Grateful (July SOTM) on pg 59 is featured in samples on at least 5 other pages. Name one page _____
3. What stamp set is featured on the cover?
Set name ______________________ page ____________
4. There are at least 10 samples using a Spellbinders nestabilities die? Name one page _________
5. Two stamp sets found on the same page have the same sentiment stamp. What page? ______
6. What stamp set allows you to stamp both the front and back of the same image? Set name __________________________Page ___________________
7. What sample uses a pencil eraser to create polka dots on the paper?
8. There are several samples that use Scor-pal design lines
Name one page ____________________
9. Besides the alphabets on page 100, which stamp set contains a complete alphabet. Set name ________________________ page __________
10. What are the names of both of TAC’s 9 x 9” paper collections?
(1) ______________________(2) ______________________________