Pages

... just a few of the many things I MUST get done!

Monday, November 19, 2007

Texas Angel Gathering

I just returned from an incredibly busy "business trip" to the Texas Angel Gathering (TAG, for short) in San Antonio this past weekend. The event started at 6:00 p.m. on Friday evening, and it was jam-packed full of incredible projects to see and do! For starters, we picked up the packs for 20 great projects to work on in whatever order we wanted to do them. Stephany H. and her team had everything waiting for us when we arrived. My table mates, Paula Kay B and Lyssa G, were able to complete the projects - poki got sidetracked after 16 of them, as she had a DEMO of the Mini Iron at 4:00 p.m. and wasn't able to get back to work on the 4 remaining projects before we left to head home on Saturday night. But Stephany was kind enough to provide us with a CD of project details, so I know that I can complete those remaining projects. There were demonstrations of the Zutter Binder, Crop-o-dile, Mini Iron (mine), coloring with different mediums including OMS (odorless mineral spirits) with Prismacolor pencils, and a Fantastic Flowers demo that takes silk flowers to a whole new height of fun embellishment! We did a recipe swap (can't wait to show you the beautiful book of recipe art I now have) and a PROP swap (hand made gift) I received a 3-D Christmas tree! If you know poki you know that is right "up my alley" - I love my "fancy folds!" I would post pictures, but don't want to spoil the surprise when I get to share these great ideas with all of you! See you in December for some great fun projects! (TECH SQUAD days are Monday, December 10 at 5:30 p.m. only, and Wednesday, December 12 at 9:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. - you can RSVP now for your favorite time slot!)

No comments: