Pages

... just a few of the many things I MUST get done!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Fabulous weekend

I just "returned" from a fabulous weekend Retreat with the HOTS Club. (It's hard to say returned, because I spent my nights at home!) As always, it was a well-planned, well-executed event. Our routine is in place - we follow what has worked before, and everyone has a great time!
I was able to finish two projects - a butterfly calendar for a prop swap gift exchange at Texas Angel Gathering on November 7 (you will get a chance to see than one at the next TECH Squad) and a Lighthouse calendar as a birthday gift for a friend. The Butterfly calendar was entered in the art show, and came really close to winning a prize! Will post a picture when I have uploaded them to the computer (The cameras are still packed and sitting just inside the front door - today I must put all that stuff away!)
I was glad to see that the Hilton Garden Inn (where the Retreat is held) now has FREE WI-FI so I was able to keep up with e-mail, etc. Didn't get much digital scrapping done, but I was able to show some of my projects to friends. There was actually another table of 4 where 3 of 4 worked digitally for the weekend! Hopefully by the next Retreat, I will have plans in place so that my entry in the ART SHOW will be created digitally/shown digitally! That's my goal by March 6 - 8! (The dates of the next HOTS Club event)

No comments: