Pages

... just a few of the many things I MUST get done!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

We "escaped!"

I spent two creative days at Paula Kay's house, playing with paper.  The Angel Company provided us with a set of ideas using new stamp sets from our Serendipity 2010 catalogue, and some wonderful new projects and techniques.  The packet of ideas they shared had so much in it that we were unable to complete many of the projects, although we did our best.  I have a few projects completed ... and some almost completed ... I will post pix as I do get them done!  I really loved projects # 6 - a beach themed group that used my favorite paper collection Amberley Grace!  These are the projects as shown by TAC

I dipped into my frame box and came up with a suitable  substitute for the white frame in the picture.  Our frame was smaller so the giant starfish (which I couldn't find anyway) would have dwarfed it.  We did have a few shells and some half marbles in "beachy" colors - we hit my favorite "dollar store" after lunch on Friday for the marbles, I already had the frames purchased from the same favorite "dollar store" ... you all know the one.  Lots of my alterables come from there.  I am PERFECTLY happy with our "substitutes."



The stamps in the photo frame were a gift from my good friend, George Bowman - he knew how much I loved lighthouses!  I was working on this project when I got word that George had passed away!



Next on our agenda was a "tool jar" made from a re-purposed jar.  TAC used a plastic jar from Bazzill Bitty Blossoms.  I really love Mischelle's little "bling" bracelet on her jar!
Since all of our bitty blossom jars had been repurposed already - I have two or three with stuff already stored in them - I thought of the octagonal jelly jars that mom has been carefully saving for me over the years.
My jar is almost complete and will be posted here when it is!

The next two projects we didn't even attempt to make - although both are wonderful, and the ideas will be stored for future reference - anyone up for "going to the beach"?  (Yes, I am - we'll be heading to the Texas coast in May!)

This skinny mini of a book is half of a Pemberley Bay matchbook.  When my personal pix are ready for this - pictures from our OBX vacation in May 2009 - I will add them to this little "skinny mini!"  Too cute!

1 comment:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Hi, poki :) These are gorgeous projects! Can't wait to see your versions when you are done.

See you in a few weeks!
Jennifer