Pages

... just a few of the many things I MUST get done!

Friday, August 31, 2007

A Fantastic week of learning

It's hard to believe it is Friday, and the end of August. Shortly (in about an hour) it will be September! Amazing! I have spent a fantastic week of learning at my computer. While riding to and from San Antonio last week-end, I spent some time reading a Better Homes & Gardens Digital Scrapbooking magazine. When I bought the magazine (probably about the 10th one I own), I hoped that it would actually give me some hands-on things to try - most of the previous purchases were just beautiful samples of what could be done, but no real information about HOW to do it! But this one is different!!!! Most of the information in it applies to PhotoShop in many of it's incarnations (Elements, CS2, etc) but I have found that much of the information transfers to Paint Shop Pro which is the program I use on my desktop computer. (I have PhotoShop Elements on my notebook, but barely know anything about it! - that one is next). I also located some great TUTORIALS on line. If you are interested in learning more about digital scrapbooking, and would like the list of Tutorials, please e-mail poki, and I will be happy to share them with you. I have also been taking advantage of some digital freebies that are out there - it takes a while to download on my dial-up connection, but I have collected some useful background papers, and other embellishments. I haven't made much headway on a completed layout in Paint Shop Pro, but I have used some of the digital elements in a Word document, and actually have 20 pages of the vacation scrapbook done! And tonight I accomplished (with the help of an on-line tutorial) a goal I set for myself yesterday. I wanted to take a scanned image (a leaf punch) and make the background transparent, so I could layer it over a background paper, just like you would the paper version! - but no GLUE necessary! With a couple of do-overs I was able to actually accomplish that goal!!! I am so excited ... just had to share! Next time you see me, ask to see my New England scrapbook! I'm pretty proud of it! (although I am taking issue with something my printer is doing - but I think it's the paper, not the printer!)

No comments: