Pages

... just a few of the many things I MUST get done!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Fun trip to San Antonio!

Mike and poki spent the weekend in San Antonio for the annual Dell Employee Appreciation event - at Fiesta Texas! - and although I enjoyed the amusement park, dinner on the RiverWalk TWICE was a much more pleasant experience. I got up early on Friday, and drove Mike to work (we were in Austin by 6:45 a.m. - yes, my alarm clock went off at 4:30 a.m.) I spent the day shopping, and trying to stay cool! (It was a HOT day on Friday) We drove to San Antonio after Mike got off at 3:30 - even with the TRAFFIC JAM in Austin, we were at the hotel by 6:15. Dinner was at Joe's Crab Shack - poki's favorite - followed by a stroll along the river, and back to the hotel. Of course, we had to stop off to talk to the horses who work the carriage ride trade! But it had to be a short night, since the day began at 4:30 a.m. Saturday we were at Fiesta Texas all day, but the weather wasn't too bad - survivable! Saw a couple of new rides - of course we had fun on the water rides, and bumper cars. And Mike even rode the carousel with me! (I rode a GIRAFFE! - I love carousels!) Dinner on Saturday night was at the Republic of Texas, with drinks at The Landing afterwards while we listened to the big band jazz - same band since 1963 (with the exception of a few new members!) We tried to go to the Brackenridge Park Japanese Gardens after breakfast on Sunday, but they were having a face-lift. Oh, well - we made a couple of shopping stops on the way home (one for poki - the Outlet Mall in San Marcos, the other for Mike - Fry's in Austin) and we arrived back home at 3:30 or so! I thought I'd go take a nap then - but instead I went right back to work on my digital scrapbook that I am doing for our New England trip - about 20 pages done (and that's just the FIRST DAY! - but it was BOSTON!!!)

No comments: