Pages

... just a few of the many things I MUST get done!

Monday, April 20, 2009

My day off ...

I actually had a day "off" for the first time in a long time - nothing to do but what I WANTED TO DO! It felt really good. I actually got up early - did some mapping for our trip. Called a hotel on the OBX to see if we could change the location of our first night on vacation - decided I didn't want to spend THAT much for one night! - and decided to stay where we were booked in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. That's about 50 miles from the Norfolk Airport, there's a TGI Friday's right across the street (we stayed there last year, so I know) a grocery store one street over (so we can stock up on supplies for the two weeks) and a Wal Mart some where on that same street (so we can buy a small gas grill for cooking! (Mike doesn't know how to cook inside and poki DOES NOT COOK!)
I spent a little time with Karen B on her deck just looking out at the Lake - I love living out here on "vacation!" Karen & George are very generous with sharing their deck and marvelous view of Lake Belton!
Then I took a trip into town - to Michael's! I was only looking for ribbon, but I came out $50 later! (Some of it was still my birthday gift card from Mike!) I actually did buy some ribbons to match TAC papers - they are having a good sale on ribbon!
I've spent a lot of time at the computer today - and my back can certainly tell! So ... that's it for a while. I'm going to go take a walk now - it is a beautiful day!

No comments: