Pages

... just a few of the many things I MUST get done!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Primitive Heart Card

While surfing this morning, I ran across some hearts punched out of music score on a handmade retail site (I'll look it up, and post the link later, it's connected with http://www.frugalities.com so I know you can get there by that route if you're interested!). It got me to thinking about what I was going to do with the primitive heart die cut that came in my seminar registration packet from The Angel Company. Of course, I knew exactly what quote would work - from beautiful day in the Serendipity. Here is the set I used:

I still have to decide exactly how I will be decorating the heart to take to seminar (I know I want it to be on a journal front!) but my thoughts came together this afternoon to make a card!



The patterned paper is Penelope (one of my favorites, right behind Amberley Grace) with two of the cardstock colors in the Penelope collection - saltillo (rust) and saguaro (green). I used one of my Martha Stewart border punches to create the scalloped edge on the saguaro paper. They are so EASY! The heart was smudged with Palette burnt umber, and stamped very lightly with fancy curls T-2804. After I had the tag (giga merchandise tag) finished I decided that it needed just a little more embellishment so I sewed on some beads and a heart charm! I have recently fallen in love with BEADS!!!! so you may be seeing more of them soon! I have had the heart charms for several years - I bought a lot of them at a discounted rate when I found them at BIG LOTS (just another one of those places that I "stalk" for supplies - you never know what you might find there! The front of the charm has a puffy heart, and the back says made with love. And I love the way it looks! Just the perfect finishing touch ... I guess I followed Marita's advice: every single day do somtheing that makes your heart sing. (Marita Weidner is given credit on the stamp for the quote!)

No comments: